New to Kickstart, trying to add custom packages to DVD Repo.

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 07:22:52 UTC 2011

Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Mike Partain" <turbo2007 at gmail.com>
> Para: kickstart-list at redhat.com
> Enviados: Viernes, 18 de Marzo 2011 8:13:11
> Asunto: New to Kickstart, trying to add custom packages to DVD Repo.
> Hello all and thanks for taking the time to read my question/post.
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to add a custom made RPM to the DVD
> repository and install it through the %packages portion on RHEL Server
> 5.4. I have tried simply copying the files from the CD during the post
> and had some trouble. In looking at the packages section it seemed
> that it would be easier to add it to the Server folder and run
> createrepo /media/cdrom/Server.

What I do is to put them in another folder just to make it clear what are DVD packages and custom ones (easier to do maintenance).

And yes, putting packages in server is just createrepo, but that must be executed on a system running rhel 5.x.

cd /media/crom/Server
createrepo --update -g repodata/comps-rhel5-server-core.xml

Regards
Pablo
--

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
Senior Global Profesional Services Consultant (RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCE, RHCSP) #804006196923216