Re: clearpart -all warning

On 04/11/2012 03:41 PM, jon public wrote:
Hi there

I've customized my kickstart to delete all partitions ( clearpart --all
). I've noticed that the installer only shows a warning message when the
disk does not have a valid partition ( like new virtual machines ).

I'm afraid that someone might wipe his entire disk if booting by mistake
from the customized disk. Is there any way of forcing anaconda to always
ask for user confirmation before erasing disk partitions?

Thanks for you help!

You could use something like the snippet below. All credit goes to the presentation "Kickstart Tips & Tricks" by Chip Shabazian (caution: lines may be wrapped).

%pre
#!/bin/sh
exec < /dev/tty3 > /dev/tty3 2>&1
chvt 3
install="no"
while [ "$install" != "yes" ]; do
clear
echo
echo '********************************************************************************'
echo '*
W A R N I N G
*'
echo '*
*‘
echo ‘*This process will install a completely new operating system and
*‘
echo '*
*'
echo '* Do you wish to continue? (Type the entire word "yes" to proceed.)
*'
echo '*
*'
echo
read -p "Proceed with install? " install done clear chvt 1 #%end

More instructions at http://www.trueblade.com/techblog/user-input-during-a-fedora-kickstart

Regards,
Patrick