Keeping up with the changes

Kaj Niemi kajtzu at a51.org
Mon Jan 30 18:12:45 UTC 2012

Using ksdevice=bootif or ksdevice=link when kickstarting makes one not care about interface naming. The link parameter is problematic if you have a crapload of interfaces connected and need to make sure a specific card is the one that is booted from while bootif uses whatever interface you have defined as the PXE interface. Works well in my experience.

As for other vendors I'm not sure.

I deal with vendor specific things (hp asm, dell omsa, etc.) only after kickstart has finished in a firstboot -type installation script where the vendor is determinted by using dmidecode. :-)

Kaj