kickstart dhcp issues

Angus Clarke angus.clarke at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:36:37 UTC 2012

I find specifying the device MAC address in the ifcfg-eth? config file is
enough to bond the configuration to a particular physical interface.

I suppose your modules configuration would need some consideration for
interfaces that use different modules. In my setup however, eth0 through to
eth3 (onboard) and eth4 through to eth7 (PCIe which might be added much
later after initial RHEL install) all use bnx2.

I notice that without specifying the device MAC address in the config files
you are concerned with, and then later adding additional NICs on the PCIe
bus - results in the PCIe NICs preceding the onboard NICs (eth0 changes to
represent the NIC on the lowest PCIe bus.)

HP DL380 G7 and RHEL5.2 x86_64