[Lhcp-devel] Is there any activity in the LHPC project?

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 11:21:30 UTC 2007

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Is there any activity in the LHPC project?  I've seen no activity on
> the list, and wonder if I am alone here. :)
>
> Friendly,

You're not alone, don't worry ;)

Sorry it has been relatively quite on the list recently, but Florian
Fest got dragged away to another project and i've been swamped in RHEL
work for the last few weeks.

A very quick outlook what we're doing at the moment:

I'm currently finalizing the DB backend for LHCP. We started looking at
TurboGears (what smolt uses), but found that our data structures are
probably not nearly stable enough, also due to the fact that we're going
to allow and actually want external modules. Another thing was the
queries we want to be able to do which need to be rather data structure
independent.

Next will be to add some usefull real modules (weather module is nice
and all, but not really that useful). See the TODO list we have in the
repository.

I hope to get that version out with the DB support at the end of this
week. More modules will get added after that.

Thats the plan at least. ;)

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111