[Lhcp-devel] Is there any activity in the LHPC project?

Paulus Esterhazy pesterhazy at gmx.net
Mon Feb 26 11:33:41 UTC 2007

Phil Knirsch schrieb:
> I'm currently finalizing the DB backend for LHCP. We started looking
> at TurboGears (what smolt uses), but found that our data structures
> are probably not nearly stable enough, also due to the fact that we're
> going to allow and actually want external modules. Another thing was
> the queries we want to be able to do which need to be rather data
> structure independent.
It would be great to know more about what the web site is supposed to
look like. Maybe there's some room for people helping out with web
development? Have thought about using Ruby on Rails? I guess it would be
great for this sort of thing (and it's certainly more mature than Python
alternatives).

Cheers
Paulus