[Lhcp-devel] Is there any activity in the LHPC project?

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 11:44:07 UTC 2007

Paulus Esterhazy wrote:
> Phil Knirsch schrieb:
>> I'm currently finalizing the DB backend for LHCP. We started looking
>> at TurboGears (what smolt uses), but found that our data structures
>> are probably not nearly stable enough, also due to the fact that we're
>> going to allow and actually want external modules. Another thing was
>> the queries we want to be able to do which need to be rather data
>> structure independent.
> It would be great to know more about what the web site is supposed to
> look like. Maybe there's some room for people helping out with web
> development? Have thought about using Ruby on Rails? I guess it would be
> great for this sort of thing (and it's certainly more mature than Python
> alternatives).
>
> Cheers
> Paulus

Hi Paulus.

We haven't put a lot of thought into the web part yet, so if you're
interested feel free to help out. ;)

Thing is, as the whole project so far is in Python (like smolt) it would
be great if the web interface would be in Python as well, but it's
definitely not a requirement. It probably would mean duplicate effort
though as code reuse will be non existent if the web interface uses a
different language than the other code. Just my EUR 0.02. ;)

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111