Re: [Libguestfs] use gnulib, and begin to pass its "make syntax-check" tests

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 01:04:38PM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Here's a patch series to make libguestfs use gnulib via a git submodule.
> The first thing I did was to look at the failures from "make syntax-check"
> and fix the config.h-related ones below.  The others are now
> temporarily disabled via a variable in cfg.mk.

In general, yes we need this, please commit it and 'make it work'.
A couple of additional problems noted below:

> * examples/to-xml.c: Likewise.
> * examples/hello.c: Likewise.

I'm dubious about adding <config.h> to these files, since they are
supposed to be examples, and therefore should work outside the
project.  If people were to copy these files somewhere, then they
would fail to compile or (perhaps worse) include some random config.h
header.

> +# |grep -vE '^(qsort|if|close|assert|fputc|free|N_|vir.*GetName|.*Unlock|virNodeListDevices|virHashRemoveEntry|freeaddrinfo|.*[fF]ree|xdrmem_create|xmlXPathFreeObject|virUUIDFormat|openvzSetProgramSentinal|polkit_action_unref)$'
> +
> +msg_gen_function =
> +msg_gen_function += DEBUG0
> +msg_gen_function += DISABLE_fprintf