[Libguestfs] Can I use libguestfs to pass some parameters into a KVM virtual machine

Hi,

I have installed KVM in my RHEL5.3 box, and created some VMs on it.
I am wondering if I can use libguestfs to pass some parameters/files
into my VMs. As you may know, for Xen, I can use xenstore command to
do this job, can libguestfs do the same thing?

What I want to do includes:
1. Modify some configurations in my VM, such as editing
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to add a static IP for my
VM.
2. Upload a script into my VM and run it in the guest OS.

Is here any sample C code I can refer to?

Any helps will be appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
Qian