[Libguestfs] Can I use libguestfs to pass some parameters into a KVM virtual machine

Charles Duffy charles at dyfis.net
Tue Aug 4 01:37:30 UTC 2009

Zhang Qian wrote:
> I have installed KVM in my RHEL5.3 box, and created some VMs on it.
> I am wondering if I can use libguestfs to pass some parameters/files
> into my VMs.
Yup, that's pretty much exactly what libguestfs is good for -- though,
not being familiar with xenstore, let me add that the VMs need to be
down before you try to modify their filesystems.

I suggest scripting what you're trying to do with guestfish before going
on to the C API -- it's pretty easy to look at how any guestfish command
is implemented in C, and so to do what you want natively if that's your
inclination.