[Libguestfs] daemon/ warnings

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 10:09:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:15:45AM +0100, Matthew Booth wrote:
> In general, I would like to get down to no compiler warnings. The
> biggest culprit in daemon, though, is rpcgen generated stuff.

In libvirt we have some Perl scripts that attempt to rewrite the
output of rpcgen-generated code to remove warnings.

It's quite a bit of hassle though, and of course depends closely on
the version of rpcgen (which is enforced in libvirt I think).

Personally I'd prefer it if we could compile the rpcgen code with
-Wno-unused -fno-strict-alias.  However automake doesn't support
providing CFLAGS for just a single file.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v