Re: [Libguestfs] /config.status

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 02:16:31PM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> We learned via libvirt that when people use "git pull" to
> pull in a new snapshot of gnulib, it's important to make the
> usual autogen.sh script detect that and automatically take the
> unusual step of re-running the relatively expensive bootstrap script.

Isn't this a similar situation to someone who does 'git clone' and
then runs autogen (without running bootstrap)?

I can't see why it wouldn't work now, because 'git submodule status'
should produce a different result if the submodule does not exist.  Or
maybe I'm not understanding how that works.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html