[Libguestfs] udevsettle failures

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 16:57:54 UTC 2009

Builds in Koji currently fail with:

  /sbin/udevsettle
  missing or unknown command

which means that we don't wait long enough after partitions etc have
been created.

In Fedora >= 12, we shouldn't use /sbin/udevsettle.  It's been
deprecated in favour of 'udevadm settle'.

The relevant code is:

http://git.annexia.org/?p=libguestfs.git;a=blob;f=daemon/guestfsd.c;h=520a4a4de53eefb5d7fdaa0e446342a0e782888f;hb=HEAD#l1037

I think we need to make the runtime detection better, so that if
"udevadm settle" exists as a subcommand, we don't try to run
udevsettle at all.

Actually I'm just thinking out loud here.  This seems like it might be
a bug in Rawhide udev package.

Rich.