Re: [Libguestfs] Re: Test failure w/ libguestfs-1.0.61 on RHEL5 -- needs virtio support in guest kernel?

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:12:48PM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Switched from virtio to e1000, and libguestfs-1.0.61 now Works For Me.
> (e1000 is more stable in my experience anyhow -- but then, I'm a
> stick-in-the-mud who doesn't trust virtio-blk either).

The patch is fine, but we can't take this because virtio-net is a
requirement.  If there are stability or performance problems with
virtio-net then we'd prefer to find and fix those, instead of
investing any time in the emulated network drivers.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/