[Libguestfs] Re: error when compiling libguestfs on Ubuntu 9.04

LANNUZEL Anthony IT&L@bs anthony.lannuzel at orange-ftgroup.com
Thu Jul 30 09:46:00 UTC 2009

> Install debian-archive-keyring:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/debian-archive-keyring
>
> Debirf wants to pass it to debootstrap for verification. The other
> possibility is to try to build an Ubuntu based appliance instead of a
> Debian based one with:
>
> /configure --with-repo=karmic --with-mirror=<your_ubuntu_mirror>

Hi,

I just got the same issue, and tried your advices.

After installing debian-archive-keyring, I ran the following command:

./configure --with-repo=jaunty
--with-mirror=http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

but when I run "make" I get the following error:

debirf: clearing old debirf root...
debirf: creating debirf root...
failed to open configuration file `/root/.dpkg.cfg' for reading:
Permission denied

So I run "make" as root, even if it is not recommended. Now I get the
following error:

debirf: creating debirf root...
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Release.gpg
I: Checking Release signature
E: Release signed by unknown key (key id 40976EAF437D05B5)

I ran the following commands but I still get the same error:

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 40976EAF437D05B5
gpg --export 437D05B5 >> ~/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg
sudo apt-key add ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
sudo apt-get update -o Acquire::http::No-Cache=True

Any hints ?

Regards