Re: [Libguestfs] Re: error when compiling libguestfs on Ubuntu 9.04

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:46:00AM +0200, LANNUZEL Anthony IT&L bs wrote:
> but when I run "make" I get the following error:

> debirf: clearing old debirf root...
> debirf: creating debirf root...
> failed to open configuration file `/root/.dpkg.cfg' for reading:
> Permission denied

I got further than this.  Make sure you haven't run 'make' as root (rm
-rf and reclone git to make sure).

However you *will* need this:

DEBIRF_KEYRING=/etc/apt/trusted.gpg make

> So I run "make" as root, even if it is not recommended. Now I get the
> following error:

Never run make as root.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top