[Libguestfs] Re: Notes on cross-compiling the daemon

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 20 10:29:33 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:13:20AM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > These functions are missing, and Gnulib provides no replacement
> > (but it really should do):
> >
> >   - fstatvfs
> >   - futimens
> >   - readlinkat
>
> There is a new readlinkat module.
> Does it not work?
> It's probably just time to upgrade to more recent gnulib.

OK I see that in the upstream gnulib git repo.  However in my
libguestfs/.gnulib directory I'm "Not currently on any branch."  for
some reason, so I cannot update or do anything else.

> >   - realpath
> >   - sync
>
> These sound easy.  Esp the latter.

These should also be easy:

> >   - posix_fallocate

It's just writing zeroes to the file.

> >   - pread

It's basically seek + read, but you have to restore the original file
offset afterwards.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v