Re: [Libguestfs] vmdk support by libguestfs in RHEL and upstream

On 04/28/2010 05:15 PM, Matthew Booth wrote:
On 28/04/10 08:58, Yufang Zhang wrote:
Hi all,
As we are doing plan for testing libguestfs, I have a question about
vmdk support for libguestfs. In Fedora 12, we can successfully manage a
vmdk image via guestfish(add ->  run ->  mkfs ->  mount ->  ...). But in
RHEL6, for qemu-kvm can not boot with a vmdk image, libguestfs can not
manage vmdk either.  So is it true that vmdk is only supported by
upstream libguestfs but not the version in RHEL6?  Thanks.
I haven't looked specifically, but it's more likely that qemu in RHEL 6
beta has been compiled without vmdk support. libguestfs itself doesn't
know anything about vmdk.

Matt
So in RHEL6, virt-v2v must first convert vmdk format image into qcow2 format image, and then do other converting, because libguestfs in RHEL6 cannot manage vmdk image directly?