[Libguestfs] guestfish/libguestfs takes legacy qemu instead of kvm?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 12:33:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 05:27:56PM +0800, Kirby Zhou wrote:
> Thanks very much.  BTW, I have a small question, why libguestfs
> depends on QEMU instead of libvirt?  If we take libvirt, we can
> easily run libguestfs with xen, virtualbox, vmware, etc.

It's considerably more complex than that.

However you can already use libguestfs to analyze images from xen,
vmware, virtualbox and so on.  The fact that qemu is involved behind
the scenes doesn't matter -- indeed it's an advantage because qemu's
block layer supports many different container formats.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v