[Libguestfs] Plans for changing libguestfs appliance building

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 10:40:53 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:17:30AM +0800, Jin Xin Zheng wrote:
> The virtual cdrom device in qemu will be readonly (is that right?).
>
> Then how are you going to tune the boot process as I know it would
> require writing to the filesystem.

I'm not aware of us needing to write to the root filesystem during
boot (well, there is one place where we do 'mkdir -p /sysroot' but
that can be fixed).

However there is an issue that we modify configuration files in the
daemon, in particular /etc/lvm/lvm.conf, which would require either
making this directory a tmpfs or using some other method to make root
writable.

Rich.