Re: [Libguestfs] Plans for changing libguestfs appliance building

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 07:21:12PM +0800, Jin Xin Zheng wrote:
In fact when I saw this the first thing came up to my head was that our
modified source for doing gcov -- we could collect the .gcda files in
the build directory after libguestfs was invoked. But the guestfsd which
runs inside the appliance produces the .gcda files in the temp ramfs.
I guess it writes it into / (ie. guestfsd's current directory which is
pretty much always root)?

Yes you are right. gcov does not care about the $pwd, it just outputs
.gcda files under the directory where I built the source, e.g.
/home/build/rpmbuild/BUILD/libguestfs-1.2.7/daemon

In order to download these files correctly, we have to use the debug
command to access the root filesystem, although building the source in a
directory under /sysroot may make things easier.

We have made a pretty lot of effort in order to tar-out these files
before the subprocess was killed.
We have/had the same problem capturing core files too ...

Regards.
Jinxin