Re: [Libguestfs] Rethinking appliance building

On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 11:16:01PM -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> Ok, here is where I am so far, but my ocaml is VERY weak, so it is slow
> going, I also added the right stuff to config.ml.in and Makefile.ml to make
> it work.

I've pushed it, untested of course, with some minor tidy up to comments:

> it seems to work, but when I run febootstrap --names bash coreutils dcron
> dhcpcd e2fsprogs file filesystem findutils gawk grep grub gzip initscripts
> iputils kernel26 less libusb logrotate net-tools pacman sed shadow sysvinit
> tar tcp_wrappers udev util-linux-ng
> it only processes bash.

  let pacman_resolve_dependencies_and_download names =
    let cmd =
      sprintf "pactree -u %s | sort -u"
        (String.concat " " (List.map Filename.quote names)) in

The command that this generates would be something like

  pactree -u 'bash' 'coreutils' 'dcron' [etc...] | sort -u

Does pactree itself support multiple names here?

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html