[Libguestfs] Order of list-devices changes when libguestfs uses virtio

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 12:25:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 05:15:27PM +0000, Matthew Booth wrote:
> Output from guestfish after upgrading to rawhide libguestfs, compiled
> with virtio:
>
> ><fs> add_drive "/dev/Guests/RHEL52PV32"
> ><fs> add_cdrom "/var/lib/virt-v2v/transfer.iso"
> ><fs> launch
> ><fs> list-devices
> /dev/sr0
> /dev/vda

BTW, while still acknowledging that this is a serious bug, you can
work around it easily by adding the ISO image using 'add_drive'.

There is no real need to use 'add_cdrom' in any libguestfs client code
that I'm aware of, certainly not for adding ISO images which work just
as well if they are presented as ordinary drives.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/