[Libguestfs] VMware and multiple vmdk files

Pengzhen Cao pcao at redhat.com
Tue Jun 1 01:33:58 UTC 2010

I guess you are using vmware workstation ,As the files you are using is
"sparse vmdk" format splited into 2GB files.
You can not open sparse vmdk file with libguestfs.
libguestfs using qemu-kvm and it only can support single preallocated
virtual disk(flat, thick mode).

Refer to the following links for more info about vmdk file formats

1. vmware community
2. http://sanbarrow.com/vmdk-basics.html

Regards,
Pengzhen