[Libguestfs] uninstall vmware tools on v2v to kvm?

I have tested the windows v2v from esx to kvm with vmware-tools installed on the guest.

There is an issue, a message on first login after boot that tell the user that one or more

services failed to start. In the system event log there are 3 errors. Two of them are tool

services and one is the parallel port driver service.

Disabling the services (setting start mode 4 in the registry) solved the issue.

Running the tools uninstaller failed with a message saying it will not uninstall if it’s not

running on VMware hypervisor.

Looking at the guest registry I have found 8 VMware services, I think that uninstalling the tools

entirely might be too intrusive, If someone is really bothered by some extra files on the file

system they can uninstall on the original esx.

I think we should, disable all the tools services on the v2v scripts using the windows converter

and hivex.

If this sounds like the correct solution I’ll try to write it.