Re: [Libguestfs] two patches one for disabling vmware tools and one for disabling parallel port

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 04:21:17PM -0400, Amos Benari wrote:
Since we agree on the first part I have divided it into two patches.
I think we can apply the vmware tools one, but the parport one needs
some change.  Perhaps it should change the name of the function, or
perhaps we can integrate all the registry changing code into a single
function somehow (to avoid repeatedly downloading and uploading the
file).

Rich.

The autorun should also be cleared for "vmware-tray" and some other "vmwareuser.exe" programs in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "

And we also need to check the install path for it, since on x86_64 windows, vmware tools are installed in "Program files(x86)" dir while not "Program files" dir (Maybe, I can not remember clearly). So it is better just match any "vmware*.exe" files in the "\CurrentVersion\Run" Key and delete them.

Regards,
Pengzhen