Re: [Libguestfs] Python Hivex Assertion Failed

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 03:01:58PM -0400, Elizabeth Schweinsberg wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm beginning to think it's Ubuntu that's the
> problem.  I acquired a SOFTWARE hive and ran the code you sent on it
> and I get the same error.  I even upgraded to Python 2.7.
>
> My runs:
>
> -------- Your code with my software hive --------
> emschwe station12:~/jean2$ cat test-hivex.py
> #!/usr/bin/python
> import hivex
> h = hivex.Hivex("software")
> r = h.root()
> node = h.node_get_child(r, "Microsoft")
> print r
> print h.node_name(r)
> print h.node_name(node)
>
> emschwe station12:~/jean2$ ./test-hivex.py
> python: hivex-py.c:52: get_handle: Assertion `obj' failed.
> Aborted
> emschwe station12:~/jean2$
>

> ----- My version on NTUSER.DAT -----
> emschwe station12:~/jean2$ cat test-hivex.py
> #!/usr/bin/python
> import hivex
> h = hivex.Hivex("NTUSER.004.DAT")
> r = h.root()
> node = h.node_get_child(r, "Software")
> print r
> print h.node_name(r)
> print h.node_name(node)
>
> emschwe station12:~/jean2$ ./test-hivex.py
> python: hivex-py.c:52: get_handle: Assertion `obj' failed.
> Aborted
> emschwe station12:~/jean2$
>
> I uploaded the NTUSER.DAT file here:
>
> [...]

I cannot get to that URL.  It wants me to log in or something.

> If you are able to process it on your system, then I'll know it's the
> installation and I should start all over (again).

Which version are you running?  The Ubuntu version in universe doesn't
even have any Python bindings.  Are you compiling it from source?

Please let's keep replies on the list to benefit others who might come
across the same problem.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v