[Libguestfs] Guestfish errors (Running in VirtualBox)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 14:45:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 07:33:24AM -0700, Chris Willmore wrote:
> I removed /tmp/.guestfish-* and getting same error (ostensibly same
> error output).

That's the guestfish temporary files, nothing to do with the appliance
cache.  Try removing /tmp/.guestfs-* and/or /var/tmp/.guestfs-* instead.

Note that in your original trace[1] the appliance had already been
cached, so w didn't get to see any errors from the build.  Therefore
if it is still failing after removing the cached appliance, post the
output of libguestfs-test-tool on the first run after doing that
'rm -r'.

> willmore at sm-vm:~$ cpio -itv < /usr/lib/guestfs/supermin.d/init.img
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 willmore willmore     3280 Dec 10 19:34 init
> 7 blocks

This looks good to me, except that from your original trace[1] the
path would have been /usr/*local*/lib/....  Is it odd that this path
has changed?  Are you running matching versions of the library and the
appliance?  Do you have another version installed from some previous
attempt?

Rich.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2011-April/msg00028.html

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/