[Libguestfs] No rule to make target `guestfs.pod', needed by `guestfs.3' in po-docs/ja

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 13:24:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 03:15:52PM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> FYI, I hit this failure:
>
>   make[3]: Entering directory `/h/j/w/co/libguestfs/po-docs/ja'
>   make[3]: *** No rule to make target `guestfs.pod', needed by `guestfs.3'.  Stop.
>   make[3]: Leaving directory `/h/j/w/co/libguestfs/po-docs/ja'
>
> guestfs.pod is in src/.
> I'll investigate later, if needed.

I think this is a known bug.  The workaround is to do:

  make -C po-docs update-po

You only have to do it once after a fresh git checkout (or an
aggressive git-clean).  If you want to work out exactly what
dependency we're missing, then that'd be better of course ...

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/