Re: [Libguestfs] appliance VM won't start, can't find /init, but /init is in the image.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:45:48AM -0700, David Konerding wrote:
> I see, so you're suggesting I just manually add a package to pkgs right
> after
> http://git.annexia.org/?p=febootstrap.git;a=blob;f=febootstrap_debian.ml;h=4aa7389657aedf281a6aa908984a02891de801be;hb=HEAD#l47

Yup, something like:

 let pkgs = pkgs @ [ "libc6" ] in

Thanks for all the help.  I can confirm that shoehorning libc6 in allows invoking init.  The next step is /bin/sh failing to run because libncurses.so.5 can't be loaded.
Looks to me like a systematic failure that I can work around manually by ensuring all the right libraries get shoehorned it.  Would still really like to know what it is about our Ubuntu distribution that is causing this problem :-(

libguestfs lets you edit virtual machines.  Supports shell scripting,
bindings from many languages.  http://libguestfs.org