Re: [Libguestfs] appliance VM won't start, can't find /init, but /init is in the image.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 09:49:13PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 01:23:33PM -0700, David Konerding wrote:
> > Yeah.  It gets as far as this (which surprised me since I grabbed a recent
> > qemu-kvm that should have virtio-serial support)
> >
> > Fri Aug 12 20:20:57 UTC 2011
> > uptime: 0.52 0.19
> > verbose daemon enabled
> > linux commmand line: panic=1 console=ttyS0 udevtimeout=300 noapic acpi=off
> > printk.time=1 cgroup_disable=memory selinux=0 guestfs_verbose=1 TERM=rxvt
> >

> > Failed to connect to virtio-serial channel.
> Almost certainly kernel version <= 2.6.34-ish (whichever version it
> was that added virtio-serial support, definitely 2.6.32 does NOT work
> and 2.6.36 DOES work).

By the way, as you're using a very recent febootstrap (3.8+) then you
have fine control over which kernel is used:

You just have to download and unpack the new kernel anywhere on your
system and point these variables at it.