[Libguestfs] P2Vs seem to require a very robust Ethernet

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Fri Dec 2 03:12:58 UTC 2011

Hey Matt -

With a new release of virt-v2v a while away, what if we were to try a
P2V by hand?  I'm thinking of maybe provisioning a Windows RHEV VM,
doing an ntbackup of the source physical machine and doing a bare metal
restore on the VM.  I've done it that way before with mixed results.

We have that hack I put together to load the viostor block driver stuff
on the source machine so the target VM will boot.  Are there any HAL
kinds of things or other hardware/firmware issues we need to also be
thinking about?

Thanks

- Greg