[Libguestfs] The latest v2v-server 0.8.5.1 blows up

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Tue Dec 13 12:32:35 UTC 2011

On the hanging P2V - I wonder if it's another NFS problem since the
UID.GIDs show nobody.nobody on the conversion server and 36.36 on the
NFS server.  The P2V docs say to export a RHEV Export domain with
nothing fancy, like this:

/path * (rw)

But I wonder if I should try something like:

/path * (rw,no_root_squash,anonuid=36,anongid=36)

Although why virt-p2v-server would run for more than an hour and write
tons of stuff before hanging is beyond me.

I also see I left /etc/selinux/config with SELINUX=enforcing on the
conversion server and I just now changed to SELINUX=permissive.
Although, if this is the reason for the hang, why it would work all this
time is a mystery.

- Greg