[Libguestfs] Image Not Expanding

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jan 31 10:07:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 01:48:04PM +0530, vipul borikar wrote:
> Hello,
>           I am running xen with libvirt. I have an image(Fedora12) with xen
> para virt and run with the help of libvirt.
> So i wanted to increase the size of this image from 1GB to 2 GB.
>

> I am using virt-resize command for this.
>
> When  i do :  virt-list-partitions   it displays 2 partitions   1] /dev/sda1
> and 2] /dev/sda2
>
> I want to resize this to 2 gb
>
> So i do like this:      virt-resize --expand /dev/sda1 Fedora12 Fedora12-1

This looks fine, but what is 'Fedora12-1'?  It's presumably a raw disk
file.  What is its size?  What command did you use to create the file?

Also please show the full messages that virt-resize printed when you
ran the command.

> Actually from outside its sda1 partition but sincce it is para virt it show
> xvda1  after VM boot up which still shows old size.

This doesn't matter.

Also make sure you're booting with the new image file, not the old one ...

Rich.