Re: [Libguestfs] febootstrap: what am I doing wrong?

* Richard W.M. Jones:

> I guess that either /lib/modules is missing from the Debian packages
> altogether, or one of the packages that we exclude contains this
> directory.

You are right. /lib/modules is not part of the "base system":

,----
| $ dlocate /lib/modules | cut -d: -f1 | sort -u
| linux-headers-2.6.39-1-amd64
| linux-image-2.6.38-2-amd64
| linux-image-2.6.39-1-amd64
| module-init-tools
`----

I was also wondering about that other thing that failed in my tests: Do
RedHat and/or Fedora ship kernels that automatically mount /proc on
boot?

-Hilko