[Libguestfs] How to run the java demo code containedinlibguestfs package ???

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon May 23 10:05:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 05:59:02PM +0800, 毛宏 wrote:
> Yes, I downloaded libguestfs-1.10.3.tar.gz from
> http://libguestfs.org/download/1.10-stable/, but I can't find
> libguestfs_jni.so.* files in the package, do it need to compile the
> c source to manually build a libguestfs_jni.so.1 or the jar file ?

Yes, you definitely need to compile the program, otherwise nothing is
going to work.

If what you're looking for is a binary (pre-built) package, then these
are available for several Linux distros including Fedora, RHEL (and
derivatives), Debian and Ubuntu.  See:

http://libguestfs.org/FAQ.html#binaries

IIRC the Debian/Ubuntu ones don't have the Java bindings built, but
they should be reasonably easy to build.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top