Re: [Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

On 19/11/11 16:10, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 08:13:19AM -0600, Greg Scott wrote:

When the P2V fails, it apparently deletes everything it set up, so
there is no guest to run virt-inspector.

Where do I export LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1?  AFAIK, there isn't any
interactive shell where I can do this.  I edit virt-v2v.conf, boot
the source physical machine from the CD, and click some mouse
buttons.  That launches virt-p2v-server on the back end in the
conversion server.  Is there a hook someplace in virt-p2v-server or
maybe virt-v2v.conf?  And where does the output go?

Does it make sense to export that variable in an interactive shell
and then launch virt-p2v-server by hand?  Searching for "TRACE" in
virt-p2v-server shows no occurrences.  But maybe virt-p2v-server
runs an executable program that looks at that variable?  Should I
still be using Fedora 14 for conversion server or is it better now
to try with Fedora 16?

Matt ^^

How should Greg capture trace output from the virt-p2v process?

Fedora 16's inspection code has changed quite a lot (libguestfs 1.8 vs
1.14).  However functionally it should be just about the same.

The only way to do it right now is to edit the virt-p2v-server executable. Up at the top, you should see:

# Uncomment these 2 lines to capture debug information from the conversion
# process
#$ENV{'LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG'} = 1;
#$ENV{'LIBGUESTFS_TRACE'} = 1;

On completion, it will write the output to a log file in /var/log/virt-p2v-server.XXXXXXXX.log.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490