[Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Tue Nov 22 13:19:30 UTC 2011

Ah - OK.  So the missing files must be in the
virt-v2v-0.8.4-1.fc16.mbooth.x86_64.rpm Matt just put together.  I'll go
put it in, along with the fedora-testing libguestfs stuff and hopefully
have some good news to report in a few hours.

- Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard W.M. Jones [mailto:rjones at redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:07 AM
To: Greg Scott
Cc: Matthew Booth; libguestfs at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 07:01:54AM -0600, Greg Scott wrote:
> > libguestfs in Fedora contains everything needed for Windows
> > support in the base package.
>
> Except that it doesn't.  It's missing firstboot.bat and all the other
> stuff in /var/lib/virt-v2v/software/windows.  The version in
> updates-testing that Matt wants me to try might have it, I haven't
> checked yet.

Those are virt-v2v (missing) files.  libguestfs is a separate library
that virt-v2v uses.

libguestfs-winsupport definitely does not have anything to do with the
problem and you shouldn't install that package.  In fact, please don't
because it'll probably break things very badly!

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat
http://people.redhat.com/~rjones