Re: [Libguestfs] guestfish zerofree on LVM ?

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 01:16:42PM -0400, Ben Clay wrote:
> Rich-
> Sorry for the delay, my box went down over the weekend.
> I have zerofree installed to /usr/sbin, but it's from the EPEL 5 repo when
> I'm using CentOS 6 x86_64.  I was unable to find a zerofree rpm for
> CentOS/RHEL 6 x86_64.  I manually installed the zerofree 1.0.1 rpm since yum
> wouldn't pick it up, and /usr/sbin/zerofree appears to run.
> However, in guestfish, it's missing:
> ><fs> available "zerofree"
> libguestfs: error: available: zerofree: group not available

Here is the code:

As you can see, it is checking for a zerofree binary somewhere along
the $PATH inside the appliance.  In the appliance,

> ><fs> debug ll /usr/sbin
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  52992 Nov 12  2010 vipw
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  17392 Jun 25 12:40 zdump
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  50256 Jun 25 12:40 zic

Yup, not there.

> Here is my guestfish version:
> ]# guestfish version
> major: 1
> minor: 2
> release: 7
> extra:
> Does this version not have zerofree support?  I checked the release notes
> and do not see it mentioned.

By the way, this is a really really old version of libguestfs ...

There should be a host file called something similar to

(it might have a slightly different name).

This file should contain a line:

For example:

  $ grep zerofree /usr/lib/guestfs/initramfs.epel-5.i686.supermin.hostfiles

If that line is there, then /usr/sbin/zerofree on the host filesystem
should be copied into the appliance.

If it is not there, you could try adding that line.  NB the initial dot.