[Libguestfs] P2V: Error while converting Windows server

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 19:37:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 12:35:45PM -0500, Ricardo Arguello wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> > We're all on holiday until Tuesday.  However my suggestion is to get
> > more debugging out of the server.  Is it possible to enable more
> > debugging on the server side by setting LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 and/or
> > LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1 ?
> >
> > The 'pwrite_device: offset is negative' error looks quite serious and
> > will almost certainly be a bug in virt-p2v.
>
> I'll enable debugging and post the log here.
>
> Do you think I should give libguestfs-1.16.15-1.fc16 a try?
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libguestfs-1.16.15-1.fc16

It's the latest stable version, so it is the stablest and most bug
free version.  I don't know if it fixes this bug, but it's worth
trying.

You can find out a list of things fixed in 1.16.15 by looking at the
commits here:

http://fedorapeople.org/gitweb?p=rjones/public_git/libguestfs.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/1.16.15

Rich.