Re: [Libguestfs] virt-v2v should add kernel console= to Xen->KVM converted guest's grub.conf

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 02:08:53PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> We could search for this line in /var/log/dmesg on the guest:
>
> Xen virtual console successfully installed as xvc0
>
> I don't know of any other way to detect the console device in Linux...

This seems like a reasonable suggestion.  The worst that can happen is
it fails to find this line and the console is not configured.

You can use:

  @lines = $g->fgrep ("Xen virtual console successfully installed as xvc0",
                      "/var/log/dmesg");
  if (@lines >= 1) {
  }

to test for this.  Could you modify the patch?

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/