Re: [Libguestfs] Testing github pull requests

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:35:50AM +0000, Matthew Booth wrote:
> I've sent a github pull request containing this patch here:
> https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/pull/1
> I'm interested to know if this interface could be useful to the project. We
> should be wary, though, of tying useful development history in the form of
> review discussion into github's proprietary system. Your thoughts are
> appreciated.

I don't think we should be using a closed source, web-based tool to do
reviews, and we should stick with the mailing list for now.

OTOH pull requests themselves are a useful way for committers to test
patches, and also to commit patches that come from people who don't
have commit rights.  Thus adding a git URL (be it github or another
mirror you want to use) to patches that are also posted to the mailing
list can be useful.