[Libguestfs] unexpected end of file mounting vdi image

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 07:33:25 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 06:20:16PM -0800, B. M. wrote:
> Sorry, I thought all the pertinent info would be in the libguestfs test tool output I attached to my message.
>
> The commands I've run that generate this error are:
> guestfish --ro -i -a /VM/Ubuntu-Media/Ubuntu-Media-Copy.vdi
> virt-df -ha /VM/Ubuntu-Media/Ubuntu-Media.vdi
> virt-df is version 1.7.17

I'm guessing CentOS 6.2.

The error is right there in the output:

  qemu-kvm: -drive
  file=/VM/Ubuntu-Media/Ubuntu-Media-Copy.vdi,snapshot=on,if=virtio: could not
  open disk image /VM/Ubuntu-Media/Ubuntu-Media-Copy.vdi: Operation not supported

qemu cannot understand this file.  It could well be that VDI support
is disabled in CentOS, or the file format is some later variant that
qemu doesn't support.

There's a newer version of libguestfs in RHEL 6.3, but the basic
problem here is with qemu.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v