Re: [Libguestfs] [virt-tools-list] libguestfs for Windows guests?

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 05:41:22PM -0500, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> H'm.  Well, I'm doing this on Arch Linux, and I don't seem to have a
> virt-inspector command.

I'm not very familiar with how libguestfs is packaged for Arch Linux,
except that I helped them a bit on extending febootstrap for Arch.  It
could be that virt-inspector is not packaged at all, or that it's in a
different package (in Fedora we split libguestfs over about a dozen
packages).  You'd have to ask the Arch maintainers -- could be Nikos
Skalkotos, who is a subscriber to this list.

> I did set up an area for guestfs successfully in virt-manager, but
> was not able to figure out how to find it in Windows.

Do you mean that you used the inspection feature of virt-manager

> The guest is Windows 7 64-bit, if that makes a
> difference.

We can inspect any Windows guest since Windows XP, 32 or 64 bit.  The
only reason we don't support earlier than XP is no one has tried it.