Re: [Libguestfs] Re: Re: guestfs_mount_lo cal* api undefined symbols

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:13:49AM +0800, Nok wrote:
> the 'hivex' had been installed actually, hivex.x86_64 0:1.2.4-3.el6
> and perl-hivex.x86_64 0:1.2.4-3.el6, however it just could not be
> detected.

You need 'hivex-devel'.

> I`m not familiar with hivex,as far as i know, it can be used to
> modify windows registry, but why the inspection API had been binded
> with hivex when we might use inspection api solely with linux os
> instance image?

Because the ./configure test is very simplistic, hivex is required
even if you're only going to inspect Linux guests.  In any case,
hivex(-devel) is a simple C library which is very widely available so
this is not really a problem.