Re: [Libguestfs] libguestfs 1.18.11 build error

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 10:42:37AM +0200, Evaggelos Balaskas wrote:
> I am trying to build libguestfs version libguestfs-1.18.11 in my archlinux box
> i am getting this error:
> febootstrap: error: /lib appears as both directory and ordinary file
> (glibc, ntfs-3g)

The error is as it says: according to febootstrap, two packages (glibc
and ntfs-3g) both list /lib, but list it as a directory and a regular
file.  This is an irreconcilable problem as far as febootstrap is

There are several possibilities:

(a) It really is a packaging problem with ArchLinux, nothing to do
with febootstrap.

(b) febootstrap's pacman support is having some trouble reading the
packages, so it thinks /lib has different types, but really it

(c) Pacman normally resolves this in some way, and febootstrap should
do the same thing.

Running the febootstrap command with -v may help.