Re: [Libguestfs] febootstrap and zypper

On Fri, Nov 30, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:24:54PM +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:

> > > By the way, does this download everything (even, for example,
> > > packages which are already installed at the latest version)?
> >
> > It will download kernel-default from the configured repos in
> > /etc/zypp/repos.d into --pkg-cache-dir. Installed packaged will not be
> > considered.
>
> I was reading the last sentence again this morning.  Did I
> misunderstand it?  Does this zypper command not consider installed
> packages and download all of them regardless of what is installed on
> the host?

I think it does. With the --root option above it considers only packages
within that directory. Other than that, I think only --pkg-cache-dir
needs to be set because an unprivileged user has no write permissions in
/var/cache/zypp.

So I think if febootstrap takes files from the installed system and in
addition looks at the possibly downloaded packages then all should be
fine.

Olaf