Re: [Libguestfs] guestfsd process dead while quitting guestfish

Since the guestfsd is already dead, that means there is no guestfsd process in the guest, then guestfish cannot execute "run" with --live option any more.

In Fedora 17, there is guestfsd.service which uses systemd restart function to bring the guestfsd up I guess..

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Wanlong Gao <gaowanlong cn fujitsu com> wrote:
On 09/13/2012 05:52 PM, Richard Huang wrote:
> I've compiled guestfsd and run it on CentOS 6.3. It worked well, but when I quit guestfish, the guestfsd process in guest is always dead itself automatically. Is this a bug? or did I miss something?

Yeah, the guestfsd should be dead when you finish your operations to the guest,
and will be started when you use guestfish next time. It's the design of guestfs,
not a bug.

Wanlong Gao