[Libguestfs] virt-sysprep cron-spool, no at jobs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 17:01:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 06:57:35PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:

> sysprep/sysprep_operation_cron_spool.ml claims to remove at jobs, but
> those are not stored in /var/spool/cron/ on my system. Is the
> description wrong, or do other distros store the spool data in the cron
> dir?
>
> For me it looks like this (000110156d537 is currently executed):
>
> root at probook:~ # find /var/spool/at* -ls
>  67540    1 drwx------   2 at       at           1024 Sep 19 18:55 /var/spool/atjobs
>  68080    6 -rwx------   1 olaf     users        5203 Sep 19 18:54 /var/spool/atjobs/=000110156d537
>  67539    1 -rw-------   1 at       at              6 Sep 19 18:54 /var/spool/atjobs/.SEQ
>  67984    6 -rwx------   1 olaf     users        5257 Sep 19 18:52 /var/spool/atjobs/a000100156d678
>  67542    1 drwx------   2 at       at           1024 Sep 19 18:55 /var/spool/atspool
>  68169    1 -rw-------   1 at       at             49 Sep 19 18:55 /var/spool/atspool/a000110156d537

It seems like it is a bug in virt-sysprep.  On my Fedora 18 machine I
also have a different directory (from any mentioned above):

$ sudo ls -al /var/spool/at/
total 24
drwx------.  3 daemon daemon 4096 Sep 19 17:59 .
drwxr-xr-x. 14 root   root   4096 Aug 22 16:13 ..
-rwx------.  1 rjones rjones 4327 Sep 19 17:59 a000010156d53c
-rw-------.  1 daemon daemon    6 Sep 19 17:59 .SEQ
drwx------.  2 daemon daemon 4096 Jul 27 06:06 spool

We should probably remove the at-jobs from all these directories.

Rich.