[Libguestfs] parallelization

So Richard recently blogged about running many libguestfs mounts in
parallel.

I actually want parallelization in the other way; I use guestmount to
access a disk image, and my program is multithreaded.  It does
read/write and most especially calls to link() and fdatasync() from
threads.

However, this all ends up being serialized, because the guestfsd
protocol is synchronous, and the daemon side is single-threaded.
Related to this, the qemu instance is always booted with only one
vCPU.

Have there been any thoughts on fixing this?